What you need to bring and further instructions (READ THESE CAREFULLY):
You must supply your own equipment—we have none to borrow.
• Mass. LTC Class A permit (must be with you during class). If you are not a Massachusetts resident, you must have a Non-Resident LTC to train with us.
• Eye and ear protection designed for shooting (electronic ear pro is recommended—easier for you to hear range commands).
• Clothes suitable for training; footwear appropriate for rapid movement (no sandals or open-toe shoes). This class is conducted outdoors rain or shine—wear clothing appropriate for the weather.
• Quality thick gun belt at least 1.5 inches wide capable of supporting the weight of a loaded pistol and extra magazines.
• Quality strong-side, outside-the-waist-band (OWB) belt-mounted kydex holster. Absolutely NO inside-the-waist holsters. NO SERPA holsters or other trigger-finger operated holsters. NO clip-on holsters. NO fabric/nylon holsters. NO thumb-strap holsters of any kind. Leather holsters are not ideal but may be acceptable, granted yours is broken in and it does not have a thumbstrap and must not require a support hand to hold it open during re-holster.
• A semi-auto pistol: full-size, mid-size, and larger compact pistols are fine—ABSOLUTELY NO sub-compact or micro/pocket pistols. No revolvers or .22 caliber pistols.
• A minimum of three magazines (more will be better) with a capacity of at least 8 rounds each (10-round magazines are ideal).
• Belt-mounted magazine pouches (kydex preferred) to hold at least two magazines.
• 250 rounds of live ammunition appropriate for your firearm. We strongly recommend purchasing it well in advance. Ammunition can be hard to come by these days.
• Water or sports drinks to stay hydrated and snacks.
• A pen and pad are recommended if you wish to take notes.
• Get some range time in ahead of the class date, especially if you haven’t shot in a while.
• IMPORTANT: You must be very familiar with the firearm you bring to class and how it operates and have experience shooting it—THIS CANNOT BE STRESSED ENOUGH. This is not the venue to try out a new gun.
You are responsible for bringing the correct gear to class. Students who arrive for
class lacking equipment or with inappropriate gear may not participate.