Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act (LEOSA)
Retiree Training & Qualification Course
This program meets all Commonwealth of Massachusetts requirements under 515 CMR 6.00
Massachusetts law requires retired law enforcement officers who wish to carry a concealed handgun under the provisions of 18 USC 926C (Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act) and 501 CMR 6.00 to qualify annually on an approved LEOSA course.
The retiree must bring the following on the day of the course:
1. Valid Mass. License to Carry Firearms
2. Valid Retired ID card meeting the requirements set by 515 CMR 13.0
3. The handgun you wish to carry concealed along with an extra magazine
4. A holster for the above handgun. NOTE: We require that it be a good quality, Outside the Waistband belt-mounted design made of kydex or polymer–leather is acceptable as long as it doesn’t require the support hand to hold it open to reholster the firearm. No thumb strap or SERPA designs, please. Also, no fabric holsters; no clip-on holsters; no ankle holsters; no shoulder holsters.
5. 100 rounds of ammunition for the above handgun.
This program is a MSP approved LEOSA qualification class and successful completion will result in the retiree being issued a LEOSA Training & Qualification Card pursuant to 515 CMR 6.04. When accompanied by a Retired ID, this will provide the necessary documentation that the retiree has qualified within the last 12 months.
Course Fee: $60
LEOSA qualification classes are conducted at an outdoor range and scheduled by appointment only. For more information and to schedule a qualification, please send us an email inquiring about LEOSA with your name as well as the department/agency retired from to email@example.com
This class is held at Danvers Fish & Game Club in Middleton.