What you need to bring and further instructions (READ THESE CAREFULLY). Yes, it’s long but please read before registering.
• Mass. LTC (must be with you during class). If you are not a Massachusetts resident, you must have a Non-Resident LTC to train with us. Also, if you’re a member of Danvers Fish & Game Club, you must have your membership photo ID card with you.
• Semi-automatic AR-15 or AK variant rifle chambered in a centerfire cartridge (examples : 5.56×45 [.223], 5.45×39, 7.62×39), (other platforms/calibers may be allowed pending instructor approval). NO rifles chambered for rimfire cartridges and NO full-auto firearms allowed, including binary triggers and other rapid-fire assist devices (if it’s on your gun, take it off before class).
• At least three pre-ban, high-capacity 30-round rifle mags (pre-bans for the AR and AK platforms are available in state and online). If you do not have pre-ban, high-capacity magazines, bring at least six 10-round mags. TIP: Always bring more mags than required to a class–in case one gets damaged.
• 200 rounds of FMJ ammunition for your rifle.
• A two-point tactical sling and appropriate mounting hardware (three-point slings are fine but not recommended).
• Red dot optics are highly recommended. Low magnification battle sights like ACOGS will work as well. Iron sights are also fine but not ideal. No hunting style magnified scopes.
• Any tools you may need to adjust zero on optics/iron sights
• Pouches for your magazines (belt and/or vest/carrier mounted)
• Quality gun belt or battle belt
• A semi-auto pistol: full-size, mid-size, and larger compact pistols are fine—ABSOLUTELY NO sub-compact or micro/pocket pistols. No revolvers or .22 caliber pistols. Three pistol magazines will be needed with pouches for at least two. Pistol mags should have a capacity of at least 8 rounds each (10-round magazines are ideal).
• 150 rounds of pistol ammo.
• Quality strong-side, outside-the-waist-band (OWB) belt-mounted kydex/polymer holster. Absolutely no inside-the-waist holsters. NO SERPA holsters or other trigger-finger operated holsters. No clip-on holsters. No fabric/nylon holsters. No thumb-strap holsters (Safariland ALS and similar thumb-release active retention holsters are fine). NO leather holsters. NO LBV or plate carrier mounted holsters–your holster must run dominant-side on your belt. No cross-draw worn holsters will be allowed.
• Knee pads and shooting gloves are highly recommended.
• Wraparound protective eyewear made for shooting. MUST have protection on the sides.
• Ear protection made for shooting—electronic hearing protection is highly recommended so you can hear range commands.
• Hat with a brim; clothes suitable for training; footwear appropriate for rapid movement (no sandals or open-toe shoes). This class is conducted outdoors—wear clothing appropriate for the weather.
• Water or sports drinks to stay hydrated and snacks.
• A pen and pad are recommended to take notes.
• Feel free to contact us for advice on choosing any equipment for this class. Try on/mount and test all of your equipment ahead of time to be sure of fit and function.
Note: You may have other devices such as flashlights, lasers, etc. mounted on your rifle and/or pistol—however, they will not be used in this training session.
You are responsible for bringing the correct gear to class. Students who arrive for
class lacking equipment or with inappropriate gear may not participate. Contact us at email@example.com with any questions.